A.I.L.F.

Powered by homoTiller Media Industries.

    Wednesday, November 08, 2006

    6 Big Time Parental Firsts

    Now I'm not talking about abuse, I'm talking about life. Accidents happen w/ Parents. A shadow of doubt is cast, probably as it should be, with anyone else. Even as self centered as I am, abusing a child is for the ignorant and uncreative. These are the things you'd want ANYONE but you to deal with. In fact, you would ideally be on the other side of the globe when it happens...and it will happen.

    1. Burn the baby or have the baby up end a pot on stove.
    2. Break a limb.
    3. ANY bleeding from the head.
    4. Falling off the bed the first time.
    5. Getting bitten by a dog...or cat.
    6. That first delicious bite of fried food or cake frosting.

    #6 refers to two things I LOVE. I wish it could be my responsiblity because I do it so damn well. I am also blessed w/ the metablolism of a hummingbird, but not all Aunts and Uncles are. Only a parent should begin that cycle. I'm completely available to finish that terrible Happy Meal. Really, it's for the CHILDREN, so give me those fries right now. Fried food and sugar are good times to start using your "I'm the Adult here" tone that's seriously even handed and not emotionally charged. If you don't have your "I'm the Adult here" tone yet, get one, buy one, or fake it til you make it. In this confusing era of a million bad choices and so few good ones, it's an adult's responsibility to provide supportive discipline & model good communication. And don't be afraid to ASK the Parental Units for guidance around how they want discipline handled on your watch.

    Bookmark and Share
    posted by spiderhole consumer @ 10:51 AM 

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home