A.I.L.F.

Powered by homoTiller Media Industries.

    Tuesday, April 15, 2008

    Movie Move Me

    Saw STREET KINGS and THE RUINS yesterday. Both were surprisingly great & good respectively!

    Street Kings is an adaptation of a James Ellroy novel that I haven't read, but certainly would. I love LA-shooting-big-guns-random-killing-cool-cars-bad-cops-good-criminals-fuck-you-Captain! (you could also switch around most of those words & I'd like it) movies. I thought the downside of this movie would be Keanu Reeves, and it sorta was, but only because that's how the role was written. The upside was the script and seeing House MD in it. He was very House. I don't even care that much about House MD, but it's like seeing a friend from Washington when you're on a totally unrelated trip to New York. They don't belong there, but you're pleasantly surprised to see them. And you want to have a beer. Jay Mohr's agent must be the same as Howie Mandell's for landing that role. Oh and Forrest Whittaker's in it. Best movie I've paid to see in months.

    Aside: Who the fuck let Howie Mandell back in? I was shoveling dirt on his box when he suddenly turned up on TV again. He was effectively dead. WHY?? Yes. I'm emotionally using all caps. I have a Master's degree and I still don't understand Deal or No Deal. I don't pull the Master's card very often, but I just don't get the game OR the resurrection of Howie Mandell. Anyone?


    On to The Ruins. Jena Malone has hit her stride as a young hottie & I'm glad. She's hot and believable. Ok, no nudity from her, but she's actually got some acting chops, and no "singing career", to fall back on. She's been in so many movies she deserves front and center for once. She deserved a better movie, but at least she's the lead. This is the first horror/thriller I've EVER seen about killer pot. Seriously. Ben Stiller produced so I believe he knows how funny the subtext is. Don't mess w/ local weed unless you are prepared to deal w/ a situation. This is typical Turistas like in terms of plot, but it's a killer twist on American travelling through other countries like it's their birth right. This movie like a chill combo of Love Potion and AK-47, but a little heavier on the AK-47.

    Oh and happy Tax Day! May your returns be great and your economic stimulation be full of happy endings.

    Labels: , , , ,

    Bookmark and Share
    posted by spiderhole consumer @ 9:48 AM 

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home