A.I.L.F.

Powered by homoTiller Media Industries.

    Monday, September 03, 2007

    MDA...Today!!!


    Today is one of my favorite days of the year. The Muscular Dystrophy Telethon. As a child, it entertained, then eventually bored me. As an adult, I am transfixed by the parts that show Jerry Lewis. This year his head is less swollen, but I have yet to see him get out from behind that desk.

    Though I don't typically ask for answers to questions from blog readers, I am today. Who do you think is the natural successor to the Telethon? E really has Tony Orlando in his sights, I believe KT and I thought it could be Ed McMahon (but now I think he's too old), any speculators? My Wild Card: Jimmy Kimmel. Already rich, Friar's Club member, young enough to draw a new crowd, actually funny. He has an old school feeling. Ok. Kimmel's over qualified. My real Wild Card is Kasey Kasem.

    Or the other possibility is the Telethon doesn't have a "celebrity" successor. It just goes on w/ the show. Perhaps every year a new host? Nick Lachey, Clay Aiken...Oh...The past contestants on American Idol. It totally works. Think about it.

    BTW, the telethon's been humming along since 1966 and we still haven't found a cure. Jerry Lewis just told me he said that on the first telethon and he's been saying it ever since. He's like an inefficient Terminator. If you find out I've mysteriously disappeared after this posting, organized crime is still working.

    Bookmark and Share
    posted by spiderhole consumer @ 1:19 PM 

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    i'd like to offer these for your concideration
    1)ellen-total non threat
    2)chris rock-can be funny and serious at the same time
    3) the hoff!!!!-baywatch/telethon i see it coming together
    this is the short list
    for longer list please add gin and tonic

    8:46 AM  
    Blogger spiderhole consumer said...

    The Hoff. I like. I like it a lot.

    That's a very hot short list.

    11:31 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home