A.I.L.F.

Powered by homoTiller Media Industries.

    Monday, April 28, 2008

    Achilles' Heal

    Hey. It's been a while I know, but a matter of import has occurred. According to Wiki: "An Achilles’ heel is a fatal weakness in spite of overall strength, actually or potentially leading to downfall."

    My Brother snapped his Achilles tendon and I've been trying to help. Mainly by cooking meals & driving. Since I like to actually cook, I have been. I'm not above buying big and frozen things from CostCo, but I'm trying to put it off for as long as I can. I think that moratorium ends tonight. I'm wearing down, but it's because I'm tired/lazy, not because there are unreasonable demands are being imposed on me.

    How does one snap an Achilles tendon? Ewwww... Racquetball. No, he doesn't play racquetball and I guess this proves it. Couldn't he just put a down payment on a red sports car like every other mid-life crisis? Actually, no. Since the kid just turned two, I see he couldn't.

    Labels: , , , ,

    Bookmark and Share
    posted by spiderhole consumer @ 10:56 AM 

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Dirty Dan Sin said...

    Yikes. I separated both of mine back in middle school. I overextended the legs on a jump in a basketball game on an uneven surface. I was only off my feet for a week or so but had several months of that strange electro-therapy. I still can barely run across a street without feeling the burn. That's fine, though. I don't have a runner's temperament.

    10:56 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You don't? I never noticed.

    Sounds painful. I guess because you were a young'un you didn't have to have surgical intervention. Yay Tendons!!1

    7:24 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home