A.I.L.F.

Powered by homoTiller Media Industries.

    Wednesday, November 22, 2006

    Present Tense

    Didn't even have time to post yesterday. Shame. Even Aunts are not free from the shackles the holidays. Let's just make that the formalized gift giving activities. Everything else is spare change. I don't necessarily need the trappings and generalized pressure to give gifts for the sake of giving a gift. I do that all year long with no encouragement. I pretty much quit Christmas this year the very SECOND I saw that shit go up in CostCo on OCTOBER 31. There is no way I'm starting any holidays on October 31. I do not respond to terrorist threats.

    I am obviously NOT the Aunt who endorses a magical Christmas, Chanukah, Ramadan...whatever the obligatory celebration. I'm thinking that's the domain of the sentimental & unfortunately, I am not. I can socially afford to do this because I know everyone else is. Perhaps I'm sounding too severe. I do LOVE a gift that's relevant to the recipient, but I can say I've recieved some gifts that OBVIOUSLY had nothing to do with me. Re-gifting is a vicious but occasionally necessary evil. Instead of being a cook in a full kitchen, I'm not even copping to knowing the location of the kitchen.

    Turns out the real world is still out there spinning, baby or no. Rent, diapers, follow up phone calls, bills, even groceries don't magically resolve themselves because you want them. So yesterday was a real work day that lasted way too long.

    Bookmark and Share
    posted by spiderhole consumer @ 8:49 AM 

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    this is a test
    but what's not

    2:42 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home