A.I.L.F.

Powered by homoTiller Media Industries.

    Monday, January 29, 2007

    Tantrum Follow Up

    I can say that when our Baby is around just me, I don't see him pitch a bitch much any more. It's just not the kind of lifestyle I maintain.

    I had a hard time even finding much info re: baby tantrums and that's good. Not hanging a diagnosis on an animal less than 12 months old seems reasonable. Now toddler tantrums are another story. There's volumes out there about that. However, I found this weak article/wishlist. Every suggestion proposed is something any non hysterical, pro logic person would do. I found the part where I'm supposed to avoid tantrums completely ridiculous. Being afraid of what MIGHT upset a nine month old animal is not reasonable & it's poor modelling. Kids sense fear and weakness & like any good hustler, they aren't afraid to see how far they can go. I don't think it's malicious, I think it's trial and error and survival. I weep if this is the kind of article parents look to. This is a first world country (for now) and the trinity of feed, change, play IS ok. Crying is part of being a baby too. That's what they do. Letting frustration, intimidation and anger be a viable template for how to get things done is kinda irresponsible.

    My plan of maintaining rules and boundaries is all I've really got to offer a Baby. Well that & a few carefully selected, time & baby honored toys that live exclusively @ my abode. It's surprisingly hard to execute, emotionally and physically, in an immediate fashion, but the big picture of a little uncarved block is at stake. Live in the forest, not a tree.

    I'm sure CPS is on the way right now. Bring the noise.

    Bookmark and Share
    posted by spiderhole consumer @ 12:14 PM 

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home