A.I.L.F.

Powered by homoTiller Media Industries.

    Saturday, February 24, 2007

    We'd like to Thank the Academy

    The 79th Annual Academy Awards are upon us Aunts and Uncles and I've been watching a lot of movies to catch up. So has the baby. He'll be cinematically literate. 2006 was a good movie year. It's the first in a long time that films have outnumbered documentaries for me. I'm thinking THE DEPARTED will sweep the five categories for which it's nominated. Only five? Scorcese is just the shit and The Departed is just such a better movie than Gangs of New York. I'd REALLY like to ask the 3-6 Mafia who they voted for. Whatever The Departed doesn't take, like that could happen, can be reasonably awarded to Forrest Whittaker, Alan Arkin, Cate Blanchett in Notes on a Scandal, any of the cast or crew of The Departed and any of the cast or crew for Little Miss Sunshine. Not surprisingly, one of my 2006 favorites, CRANK, isn't mentioned, but that's the same thing that happens whenever I vote. The people, propositions, or whatever ballot measures I vote for never win, place or show. I think I'm just hot for Jason Statham. I'm saddened that the Academy has decided to nominate The Illusionist for anything & pleasantly surprised that Ryan Gosling was recognized for Half Nelson. Half Nelson kinda pissed me off, but coke does that to me. If that's what Director Ryan Fleck wanted me to feel, it worked. Good luck Marky Mark. I love the Funky Bunch in your pants very much.

    Finally, and sadly, my CRANK for 2007 will probably be Smokin' Aces. I love gratuitous violence, Jason Bateman (who didn't get nearly enough face time), and lawless bounty hunters/hit men. Hope springs eternal.

    Our Oscar themed dinner party tomorrow will have enough table food for the baby because he can eat that now. I think he's been kinda disappointed that the table food he's longed for isn't Disneyland in his little mouth. He doesn't know what Disneyland is yet and he isn't close to knowing what disappointment is.

    Disclaimer: Only one Aunt worked on this post. Other contributing Aunts and Uncles are not necessarily represented in this post.

    Bookmark and Share
    posted by spiderhole consumer @ 7:31 PM 

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home